- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Stew Recipes
My Sweet Chili Recipe!
A Family Favorite!
Sweet Chili is a favorite of my family; we eat it for tailgating at football games, for a quick meal, or on a cold night (which in Upper Michigan could be any time of the year!). I was convinced to share it because so many people want tasty meals that are also fast and easy. The baked and chili beans mingle to make a sweeter taste. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 package Durkee's Mild Chili Seasoning, (or any mild chili seasoning)
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 large can vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 1 can mild chili beans, drained
- 2 cans green chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- Brown the ground round in a skillet, breaking it up into crumbles. Add the chili seasoning. Turn heat down and keep it warm.
- In a dutch oven or other large pot, add all other ingredients except for the seasonings. Transfer the meat to the dutch oven, and bring to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, turn the burner to simmering.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, or green onions if desired.
- ENJOY! Let me know what you think!