- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
My Way of Cooking Pernil or Roast Pork
I know there are a lot of recipes online for pernil. This one is mine. My family loves it! I love the flavor and it goes so well with rice and beans and a ripe plantain or slices of avocados. I provided a picture of what the finished meal will look like and it is one of my favorites meals ever! It reminds me of home.
It's a very simple recipe. You can play with the spices. I hope that if you try it, you like it as much as I do :)
- 3.5 lbs Pork butt
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar, can use white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Adobo
- 7 Garlic cloves, sliced in half to fit the holes you make in the meat
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300°f
- Rub the meat with adobo and stab the meat to make slits that fit raw garlic pieces all over the meat. Pour the vinegar over the meat and add water to the bake safe dish. Make sure that if the pork has a fatty side and you haven't cut it off, you put the fatty part down in the dish. Cover dish or pan with foil.
- Bake for 4 hours
- Uncover and flip the meat over and broil the side that was sitting in the juices for about 10 minutes or until that side gets crisp or crispy as you like.