Nat's Divine Chocolate Cake Recipe
Welcome to another adventure into Nat's Kitchen of Wonders! Food is one of the many pleasures of life and I am not prejudiced to one food or another as each type of food has its own beauty and specialty just like each of us has our own unique purpose in life. In this recipe I have created, it has resulted in a moist rich cake but not too rich though. A little piece goes a long way but I can assure you that this cake is delicious and healthy in its own right if taken in moderation. After all, Dark Chocolate has many health benefits and is very high in antioxidants.
Did you know that my eating a piece of dark chocolate, it will help reduce or minimise the risk of overeating at your next meal. Furthermore, Dark Chocolate is high in Iron and Magnesium and yes it also increase the production of endorphins and our happy chemical known as serotonin.
- 125 to 150g Dark Cholcolate (70-85% Cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon Water or Rice Milk
- 150g Butter
- 110-125 g Caster/Raw Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Banana (Mashed)
- 125g Dark Chocolate for Ganache
- 125g Butter (For Ganache)
- 50 to 100g Sugar (For Ganache), Adjust according to taste preference
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence/Powder
- Preheat Oven at Fan Bake Setting at 180 degrees Celsius or 160 Degrees Celsius (an Forced). Grease a 22cm round cake pan and line with baking paper
- Melt Chocolate in a small heatproof bowl or over a bain-marie
- Beat Eggs and Sugar and Baking Powder until Fluffy
- Melt Butter
- Add Self Raising Flour into beated mixture and fold in with a spatula
- Add butter, mashed banana and melted chocolate. Mix until even/uniform
- Pour into Cake tin. Bake for 20 minutes, Check that cake is cooked by inserting a cake skewer and ensure skewer comes out dry and clean
- Cool cake on cooling rack for 30 minutes to 1 hour before covering with the chocolate icing/ganache
- Slice, Serve and Enjoy!