- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Nature's Bounty Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
- 2 pounds strawberries, quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb, cut into 3/4" slices
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups xylitol
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts, raw halves & pieces
- olive oil
- Season a 13" x 9" baking dish with olive oil. In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the strawberries, rhubarb & vanilla extract with a spatula. Add the xylitol, 1/2 cup flour and lemon zest over the fruit mix and gently combine again with the spatula. Spread evenly in the seasoned baking dish.
- Preheat the oven with rack in middle to 375 degrees. For the topping, in a large mixer bowl with flat beater attachment or pastry cutter, mix the oats, maple sugar, 1/2 cup flour & cinnamon. Add the walnut oil, mixing until combined. Add the nuts and mix until they become roughly chopped.
- Crumble the topping as evenly as possible over the fruit mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbling & golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm in bowl. Serving suggestion: serve with milk or vanilla ice cream.
© 2015 Molly Brose