- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
No Bake 7 Layer Matzo Cake
This recipe is perfect when you are having a dinner party and your oven is otherwise preoccupied...no worries as this delicious layered cake requires no baking and can be prepared a few days in advance.
3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/4 pound margarine
1 cup fine sugar
8 whole matzos
3 eggs separated
1 cup sweet wine
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 ounces shaved bittersweet chococate
1) Melt the chocolate over warm water in a double boiler than let it cool down.
2) Cream the margarine with the sugar In a mixing bowl until the margarine is fluffy and the sugar is dissolved.
3) Add the egg yolk one at a time and beat well. In another mixing bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
4) Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture and fold in the stiffly beaten whites.
5) Pour the wine into a large shallow pan than dip each matzo just enough to moisten but not soak.
6) Place 1 moistened matzo on a serving plate. Cover with 1 1/2 tablespoon of the chocolate filling. Top with another moistened matzo and more filling. Keep doing this until you are out of Matzos.
7) Cover the top and sides with the remaining filling and decorate with the chopped walnuts and shaved chocolate.
8) Cover the cake loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake mellow for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
9) Cut into thin slices or into small squares. Add fresh berries on top when serving.