No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
This is my friend and my favorite all time chocolate biscuit recipe, we make it all the time! Although we usually end up eating most of the mixture before it sets because it is just too good not to eat. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! It is one the whole family can make and enjoy together so happy baking!
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 4 oz Butter, (don't use margarine!)
- 12 oz Milk Chocolate, (I suggest using Cadbury's chocolate)
- 5 oz Digestive Biscuits
- 5 oz Rich Tea Biscuits
These ingredients should all be easy to get at your local supermarket
- Mash up the biscuits - You could use 10 oz of one of these types of biscuits, but I like to use both of them mixed together as this adds different flavors and textures. To avoid crumbs going everywhere, use a ziploc plastic bag - put the biscuits into it and mash them up with a rolling pin.
- Next melt the butter (remember, not margarine!), 6 oz of the milk chocolate and the whole tin of condensed milk over a low heat on the hob. Keeping stirring it until all of the ingredients are fully melted. (Have a taste of this mixture - its really yummy! But try not to eat it all as we are trying to make a cake here. I'm sorry for going off topic... I just really love this mixture!)
- Add the chocolate mixture to the mashed up biscuits and mix them together so that all the biscuit mixture has been coated.
- Put the mixture into a lined baking tray or tin and refrigerate it overnight or until it has set (this usually takes about 3 or 4 hours).
- Once the cake has set, melt the remaining 6 oz of milk chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and pour the chocolate on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool and harden and viola! YUMMY Chocolate Biscuit Cake for the whole family to enjoy!(Or just for yourself, if you prefer!)
To make this recipe even more yummy, yeah I didn't think it was possible at first to but hear me out :P You could add marshmallows, pieces of Crunchie chocolate bar, different flavors of chocolate etc etc. to add a variety of flavours and textures! This does not obviously need to be done as the cake is fab on its own its just a suggestion!
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe and leave in the comments some cool ideas for variations of this recipe! Thanks for reading and don't forget to rate this recipe x