- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Not Your Average Potato Salad Recipe
I never liked the taste of potato salad, the eggs being my least favorite part. So, I never chose to ate it at any of the family gatherings. A friend of the family's was astonished that a kid didn't like potato salad, and so he thought up a potato salad recipe I love. I have taken this salad to gatherings and work functions and it never fails; someone hears what the ingredients are and scrunches their nose. Then they try this potato salad and fall in love with it, so I hope you will as well.
Pineapple and Bacon Potato Salad
- 5lbs Red Potatoes
- 16oz. Miracle Whip
- 16oz Mayonnaise
- 16oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 8oz Pineapple Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Bacon Bits
- Boil potatoes with the skins on until fully cooked. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature. Peel potatoes and cut up into edible chunks.
- Whisk together the Miracle Whip, Mayonnaise, Sour Cream and sugar together in a separate bowl making sure that everything is mixed together very well.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes and gently fold in to cover all of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the pineapple and bacon bits over the top. I tend to put a lot on the top if I know people have already had it and like it. If I'm bringing it to a new gathering I tend to put very little on the top, and bring extra for people to put on themselves.