Notable Items From Trader Joe's
I am a big fan of Trader Joe's. It is one of those stores that is unique and carries exotic products from all over the world at a reasonable price.
- June 2017
My List of Items...
- Raw Almonds - best snack around. (Just bake for 11 minutes on baking sheet)
- Dark Chocolate - 72% cocoa dark chocolate, best tasting.
- peach mango yogurt - so creamy
- lemon pepper grinder - great with salmon.
- Korean pancakes - with scallion and leek.
- shampoo - clear and nice fragrance.
- body wash - it tingles
- giant raisins - big and plump raisin
- Everything but bagel seasoning - good on everything.
- two buck wines - Charles Shaw wine. Great Merlot
Trader Joe's currently has 465 stores in the US. It was started by Joe Coulombe in 1958 and later bought out by the German Company Aldi Nord. It is ranked as one of the top groceries chain in 2017.
$2.99 for a bottle of wine
A Few Suggestions...
One of the few complaint I have is the crowded isles. The stores are usually small in comparison to other groceries chain. I just wish they can make their stores a little bigger.
The other complaint is that some popular items tends to run out quickly. The shelf space is too small and they require constant restocking.
The checkout line is too long. They might take a lesson from their sister stores at Aldi. They have the most efficient checkout system. They actually allow their checkout girl to sit while scanning the products. This speeds up the checkout process.
I just love Trader Joe's. Everytime I go there, it is packed with shoppers. There are many unique items only available through them. They also have a great flower collection at reasonable prices. The sample coffee is always available and a trademark. If you are lucky enough to live near one, make sure you check it out. You won't be disappointed.
© 2017 Jack Lee