- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Lemon Ginger Lentil Soup from Mr-Veg's Kitchen
Soups are always a delight to start with, when you are at Lunch or at dinner. They tickle the taste buds in every way possible and make them ready for the main battle with Solid foods. Not only they serve as great starter but also are healthy and light in nature.
There are plenty of different varieties of Soup, some are creamy, sweet, hot, spicy, sour or in different combinations.
I am introducing here a light and Sour soup with a hint of herbs and spice. It's my favorite, along with taste it provides many health benefits such as proteins, Vitamin C and all the rich benefits of Ginger.
Want to Know Soups Name ? OK, here it is 'Lemon Ginger Lentil Soup', well I know what you are thinking; 'Moron didn't he see that he has already shouted aloud the name in the title' :)))
OK, Now lets get started towards making the Soup a reality !!
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Lentils, Toor Dal
- 1 piece of Ginger, Sliced
- 2 Lemons
- 4-5 Green Chillies, Sliced
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida Powder, aka Hing
- Bit of Mustard seeds
- Bit of Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 to 1 spoon Salt, Add as per your taste, the less the better
- Lots of LOVE
Easy to follow Instructions
- Take a pan and add Oil to it.
- Once Oil is hot, add in mustard and cumin seeds. As they crackle, add in Ginger and Green Chillies
- Once they are slightly fried (say for 2 minutes), add in tomatoes and Asafoetida powder.
- Mix well and add 4 cups of water. And put in the boiled lentils.
- Mix well and let it boil nicely for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once you see it bubble boil, switch off the heat and let it cool down a bit for two minutes.
- Now add in the Lemon extract (Juice) and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Yeah I know by now you can smell the delicate aroma of Lemon, mixed with ginger and coriander. Don't wait server it and enjoy the yummy treat with your friends and Family....