Oil Free Vegetable Pulao Recipe or Oil Free Pulao in Cooker Recipe
Pulao is a Indian style dish that is aromatic, delicious, healthy and quick to make. This is basic dish made often in many Indian homes, parties, buffets, celebrations etc. This dish is usually served with raita made with yogurt.
Oil free vegetable pulao, as the name suggests this rice delicacy is made without oil which is good for weight watchers. Ideal for health conscious people as it is health booster recipe and easier to digest. It is easy and nutritional treat recipe, can prepare in no time, using readily available ingredients so best to prepare for the beginners. Popular recipe throughout the world. This can be prepared for party or any special occasion. Irresistible in aroma and taste.
Perfectly cooked pulao must be fluffy, non sticky, not mushy but it should be cooked fully.
Benefits of zero oil pulao includes reduced cholesterol levels, reduced triglyceride levels, improved immune system, increase stamina and reduction of weight in healthy way. Benefits to your heart as it does not contain any oil or ghee.
Eating Vegetables will keep the person young and fit for a long time.
- 2 cups rice, basmati or any other rice variety
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- salt according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 10-12 raisans
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- 1 carrot, grated
- 10-12 french beans, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, or as required
- 2-3 cardamom
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, 1/2-1 inch long
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 7-8 black peppercorns
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
How to prepare
- Wash the rice and drain properly.
- In pressure cooker heat 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cloves, carom seeds, black pepper, raisins and cashew. Saute and let the milk boil for a minute.
- Add carrot, french beans, green chilies, a pinch of sugar and turmeric powder. Fry.
- Now add washed and drained rice. Saute properly.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup milk and 2 1/4 cup water. (This ratio changes according to the variety of rice you are using, add water and milk accordingly).
- Add salt as per the taste.
- Close pressure cooker and take about 2-3 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the pressure release by itself.
- Open the lid. Mix everything.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with curd, raita or as it is.
More about recipe
- You can add more whole masala ingredients like mace, nutmeg, star anise etc. You can slightly crush it before using.
- Adjust the amount of milk and water according to the type of rice you are using. Some rice requires more water and some use less.
- You can use low fat milk if you are conscious about calories.
- You can add more vegetables of your choice.
- Basmati rice tastes best for the pulao but you can use other types of rice also.