Oat Cookie Recipe Chewy and Delicious
Delicious Oat Cookies
What do you think of this recipe?
Healthy Oat Cookies
I Wanted to make healthy chewy oat cookies and came up with this recipe.
It's more like an energy bar, packed with fruits, oat meal, muesli and walnuts.
Delicious and hearty it will hold you over till your next meal .
If you are rushing to work or school and have no time for breakfast,
Just grab a oat cookie. Oats on the go. It's great.
I am a person who can not resist snacking in-between meals, I would usually grab some potato chips, chocolates or cakes.
I needed to come up with a healthier option, something that tastes good and
would fill me up and prevent me from looking for something else, these cookies solved my problem.
Even though it is not always easy, I think all of us should make an effort to eat healthier.
Personally, when I think of healthy snacks my taste buds usually cringe.
It's a catch 22 situation, if it's healthy it's unlikely to taste great, and if it does taste good it is probably not so healthy.
Energy bar cookie
Here we have a homemade oat cookie that is delicious and good for you at the same time.What else can we really ask for in a snack/ energy bar/ cookie.
I baked some for my friends and they loved them.
I made these for my neighbors, this really nice elderly couple. They supply us with apples and figs from their garden in the summer. I say supply because they give us so much.
Since we are new to this house we haven't planted any fruit trees, I bake them apple pie and oat cookies, which they are huge fans of, even their five year old grandson who they babysit a few days a week, loves these oat cookies.
Oat Cookie Ingredients to be Mixed
Oat Cookie Ingredients
I hope you and your family try these delicious chewy oat cookies.
Here are the ingredients :
1 cup muesli
2 cups oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp butter
Oat Cookies to be Baked
What do prefer in your home made cookies
1. Peel and chop apples to small pieces, put on the side
2. Whip 2 eggs and add vanilla essence, put on the side
3. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients ( flour, baking, soda, oats, muesli, raisins, walnuts, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon powder ).
4. Add chopped apples
5. Cut oranges to half and squeeze the juice into your mix
6. Add eggs
7. Add olive oil . I prefer to use olive oil instead of only butter or other types of oil, because it's healthier. It does not change the taste of the oat cookies.
8. Cut butter to small pieces and add to mix, don't worry too much about distributing the butter evenly. I just like it because it smells great when baking.
9. Stir mixture well
10. Put baking paper on a bake tray
11. Scoop 2 tbsp of mix and place on the tray ,try to make a large round
Makes 12 cookies
Bake in oven at 175 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Make sure you cool the chewy oat cookies, as they will be quite soft when hot.
If you don't want them to be chewy, just bake them for a couple of minutes longer.
You can get creative with these cookies
You can get creative with these oat cookies.
I sometimes use blueberries instead of apples, you can also put in honey instead of sugar.
I used to make them with just butter and chocolate chips ( I'm a bit of a chocoholic)
but after trying this recipe, there's no going back, I love these.
Here's to great taste and good health.
© 2013 ketage