Easy Appetizer Recipes with Green and Black Olives
Put the Olives to Work
Simple Appetizer Recipes with Olives
There are many simple appetizer recipes using a blend of olives that are easy to make with very few ingredients.This olive recipe is a different way for you to enjoy olives. I keep a batch of this olive appetizer in the fridge for last minute guests and when I get a craving for olives--which is often.Get creative with your own favorite seasonings for a different taste experience. Be sure to add the anchovy as it does wonders for bringing out the taste. Keep this mixture well covered in the refrigerator and it will last for several days.
Ingredients For Olive Appetizer
- One cup Black pitted olives
- One cup Green olives with pimentos
- Two tablespoons Olive oil
- One tablespoon chopped yellow onion
- One anchovy
- One garlic clove
- One tablespoon Oregano, Basil
- One-half teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Black and Green Olives are Delicious
Black and Green Olive Tepenade
Some Ingredients for Olive Spread
- Put olive oil, seasonings, garlic clove and anchovy in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the olives and blend until just coarsley chopped.
- Remove from the blender and put in a tightly closed jar, and refrigerate.
Put the olive appetizer in a small shallow bowl with a small spoon. Set out several different type crackers and thinly toasted sourdough bread. You can even fill celery pieces with this mixture for a lower calorie appetizer. This dish will be your favorite among simple appetizers that you may want to try.
Enjoy all Olives
Olives In Other Recipes
Both black and green olives add lots of taste and texture to many dishes.
Add to salads: Add either green or black olives to mixed green salad, cucumber salad, coleslaw, or tomato and mozzarella salad.
Add to Chicken dishes: Add black olives to almost any chicken dish to add a new flavor and color.
Add to Pork dishes: Sprinkle black or green olives around your pork roast while baking,
Beef Stew: Add either black or green olives to stew the last 30 minutes of cooking
Tomato sauce: Add either black or green olives to tomato sauce for pasta or Mexican salsa.