One Pan Deluxe Spanish Rice
Deluxe Spanish Rice
A Great One-Pot Meal
Spanish rice is typically rice or rice blends with a combination of tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices. I love Spanish rice because it is filling, inexpensive to cook, and absolutely delicious. This tasty dish is often used as a side item when serving Mexican cuisine such as tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. It is very versatile and can accompany so many different meals. This recipe uses boxed Spanish rice mix. It adds ground beef, onions, garlic, tomato sauce and a few other ingredients for a delicious one pot meal. Yummy!
- 1 box spanish rice, rice a roni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup taco sauce, smooth
- 1 tsp black pepper, course ground
- 1 15 oz can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained, optional
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, rice (don't add spices yet), onions, and garlic.
- Once the meat is done and the rice is slightly browned, add 2 cups of water, the spices that came with the rice, tomato sauce, pepper, taco sauce, and corn. Add black beans now if you want to use them.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until done, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom.
- Delicious served alone or topped with jalapenos, sour cream, and cheese.