One Pot Recipes: Lasagna in one Pan
One Pot Lasagna Recipe
I love one pot recipes, so little washing up! I find a lot of recipes just need far too many dishes, bowls and other things. This easy one-pot lasagna solves that!
So here's a great recipe I've been making for more years than I can remember! Adapt it to suit your tastes and enjoy this one pot lasagna recipe alone, or share it with friends! Some people call this Lasagna in a Frying Pan, or Skillet Lasagna as Americans would say!
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Ingredients
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 1 large (or 2 medium) onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed/grated or cut up really tiny
- 250grams dried lasagna sheets (if you do use fresh lasagna, then this will need less cooking time)
- 250grams mince (you can use any mince, or even any meat cut up very small/shredded)
- ½ cup basil leaves, fresh are best
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated or cut up really small
- 500gram jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 150grams fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Method
- Heat oil in a large/deep ovenproof frying pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic together for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Break the lasagna sheets into medium-sized pieces.
- Combine the lasagna sheets, mince/meat, basil, chilli and half the mozzarella in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lasagna mix into the frying pan. Stir it all together.
- Spread the mix evenly across the base of your frying pan.
- Mix the jar of pasta sauce with a generous cup of cold water and pour this into the frying pan, giving everything a good mix around.
- Bring your mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the lasagna is tender.
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat.
- Top your lasagna with the ricotta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from the grill and cover the frying pan. Stand for 5 minutes.
This lasagna in a frying pan is quick and easy to make - and tasty. It's perfect for making if you're on holiday in a caravan/apartment, or if you are cooking for one with limited space and utensils. All you need is a frying pan and - voila, you have a lasagna!
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Serving Suggestions
I love this one pan lasagna just on its own, but it's a very flexible meal and you might like to consider any of the following:
- Serve with a side portion of baked beans.
- Serve with a green salad of your choice.
- A portion of chips/french fries makes for a great fast food/takeaway alternative.
- Serve with tinned tomatoes and frozen peas as a main meal.
- Serve as an alternative dish at a barbecue
I love this dish hot or cold - I've even taken a couple of slices down to the beach for a picnic.
Try it, experiment. Add in your favourite extras ... and enjoy!
One Pan Lasagna Recipes: Leftovers
Once you've made your one pan lasagna, you can keep the leftovers (covered) in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can microwave it (2-3 minutes/covered) to heat it up again, or you can even freeze it in portions so you've got a great easy/instant meal ready.
Use a food flask and take your leftovers to work - be the person with the best lunch every day!
And there you have it, a simple and easy one-pot lasagna. Enjoy!