One Minute Summer Chiller - Sweet Lassi
Ingredients and Things You Need
- Half cup curd / yogurt, this could be obtained from the local store, supermarket or home-made.
- Half cup chilled water/ice, the lower the temperature, the better for brainfreeze
- Some sugar, You decide how much some is!
- Two of each biceps/triceps, A mini-workout is yours for free. Get ready to flex those muscles.
- One Tumbler or bottle with a tight lid, The lid should be leak and spill proof. Use anything that closes and you can shake!
- Scoop out some curd or plain yogurt into the cup till it's about half full. Cold curd works best. Stir it a little to break chunks if needed.
- Add some chilled water and some ice cubes till it's almost full. The colder the better. Brainfreeze not guaranteed!
- Add sugar to taste. I am quite generous with the sugar in the demo video, but you can be a little conservative. Jaggery or honey work well too. A little flavor won't hurt. Experiment to your hearts content. There's plenty of flavored lassi options too.
- Close the lid tightly and shake it like your life depended on it. On a really hot day your life may actually depend on this! This is where your free arm workout happens. Feel it? You can do this for 10-30 seconds.
- That's it - you're all set for some chilled lassi to freeze your body. Open the lid. Sip it, use a straw or gulp it down - it's your life and you deserve it. Enjoy!
Make It More Exciting!
Add fruity flavors or mint or some honey to make it more flavory. I'm not sure if chocolate helps - I prefer fruity flavors.
Don't like sugar? Alternately, anything that sweetens the drink a little will be good - honey, jaggery, cinnamon, fruit.
A protein shaker works well to prepare the lassi.
Pump out some music as you do it. You'll get a better rhythm when you need to shake.
Make sure your girlfriend is watching you. Don't forget to show off those biceps!
Make a design with food coloring on top to make it look more exciting.
Use a nice glass or cup to improve the drinking experience! Like I've said - you deserve it.
Make a gallon of this stuff and store it in the refrigerator for those midnight thirst pangs!
250ml Serving With 2 Teaspoon Sugar (Approximations Only)
|Serving size: 250|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Variation 1: Tang Mango Lassi
So today, I did the same thing but added a spoon of tango mango juice powder to the mix and it was even more yummy. Still takes under a minute to prepare!
Variation 2: Chocolate lassi
I added a little chocolate flavoured protein powder to the mix today (15th June, 2019) and had some funky chocolate protein cold lassi. Felt refreshed, energised and strong;
Variation 3: Hershey's Chocolate Lassi
I poured in some Hershey's chocolate sauce into the mix and enjoyed the chocolaty mix. You need to add quite a bit to get a strong flavour though!!
Variation 4: Sprinkled Lassi
Added June 2019: Today as I was making my usual chiller lassi, I decided to add a bit of rainbow sprinkles on it. It looked like a good idea when I added. It actually is nice to feel the sprinkles texture in the lassi, but what I found was that most of the sprinkles settle to the bottom in a few minutes. It's still a good variation to add, especially for kids.
Variation 5: Tomato Ketchup Lassi
This was a crazy idea that popped into my head as I opened the refrigerator and I executed it to perfection. I added a good amount of ketchup to the mix and after the customary biceps workout I had a funky red coloured drink. It had a punch to it and was a bit tangy. It's good to have in a warm day - I'd skip this on a hot day as it didn't feel very refreshing!
Variation 6: Tang Orange Lassi
Hot on the heels of the Tang Mango lassi variant comes the Tang Orange Lassi. Just add a little Tang orange orange to the mix and shake for a more refreshing orangy chiller.
© 2019 BenjiRoss