- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Orange Cinnamon Drop Cookies: A Delicious Fluffy Holiday Cookie
Since I love orange and cinnamon together and I was hungry for cookies, I decided to see if could find a recipe. Looking through cookbooks, I couldn't find anything. Rather than be disappointed I decided to create my own. This recipe is the result and turned out amazing.
What do you think of them?
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Tang, powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Water, cold
- 2 teaspoons Pure Orange Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add softened butter and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp (for smaller cookies use a tsp) of batter for each cookie onto a lightly greased cookie sheets. Space cookies a couple inches apart.
- Bake on middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes (depending on altitude, I'm at a high altitude) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container. If layering cookies, place waxed paper between the layers.
If you prefer, you can use orange juice in place of the tang and water. You can also replace the pure orange extract with orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil. If using essential oil, I would recommend using 5-10 drops and adjusting it to taste. Essential oils are very potent so a little bit goes a long way.