- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Organic Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: Recipe
Organic oatmeal and chocolate together, this was bound to be delicious and no extra sugar added is a bonus. Now this is not an organic cookie as all the ingredients are not organic but it does come close and that is good enough for me.
If you are looking for something sweet, this is not it but if you want a snack that you can have with morning coffee or at break time then these cookies are ideal.
2 mixing bowls
Organic Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:
1 1/3 cups organic whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
¼ cup skim milk
2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
2 large eggs
2 cups old-fashioned organic rolled oats
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together in s small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter, Add skim milk. Add cocoa powder. Add the eggs. add apple sauce. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until combined. Add the rolled oats and continue beating. (If you are adding chips or nuts, add them now.)
4. Place rounded teaspoons of dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. The resulting mounds of dough should be no large than walnuts.
5. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until done. Let sit on the cookie sheet for two minutes and then remove them to a wire rack to completely cool.
You can add a tsp of ginger to the mix or more cocoa or cinnamon, if you desire, that is all up to you. Whatever you decide to do, the end result is a healthy snack that can help you get your day going or give you a bit of a lift during the morning or afternoon break at work.