- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Original Recipe for Healthy, Homemade Granola Bars
Rate these Bars!
This is my girlfriend and I's recipe for making our slightly famous (at least in our small circle of family and friends) fun, healthy, nutritious granola bars. Making these bars is a very short process, not at all stressful. In fact, you and your cooking partner may even get closer during the process!
These granola bars are nutritious and filling, but light enough to snack on anytime of the day.
Make them for your next family gathering, informal cocktail party with your friends, or for your child's next big party. They will be hit.
Let me know what you think!
- 5 cups Oatmeal, Quick Cooking
- .5 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 cup Walnuts
- .5 cup Sesame Seeds
- .5 cup M&M's
- .5 cup Craisins
- 1 cup Marshmallows
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 cups Honey
- 2 ounces Chocolate Chips, Sweetened or Non Sweetened
- 3 tablespoons Apple Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk, Nonfat
- .5 cup Peanut Butter, Low fat
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- *Mix all those dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Dry Ingredients: coconut, marshmallows, craisins, M&M’s, sesame seeds, walnuts, wheat germ, dry quick cooking oatmeal
- *Combine the honey, chocolate, apple sauce and nonfat sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
- *Stir then add the low fat peanut butter and vanilla and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- *Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until well coated.
- *Press the mixture into a large, greased 9 x 13 pan.
- *Sprinkle the coconut (or any other fun, healthy ingredients) over top.
- *Enjoy at your next party or gathering!
|Serving size: 1 2x3in Bar|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 38 g||13%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|