- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Our Favorite Potato Salad
Let me know what you think!
Potato Salad's Ready
After following our family recipe for Potato Salad for many years, it was suggested that I substitute bottled mustard for ground prepared mustard, and to add celery salt.
The small change made all the difference from an acceptable salad, to a salad that my family can't get enough of. We enjoy this recipe all year long!
Since I prepared this recipe at a time where I had my kitchen in transition, I made good use of my Nuwave cook top. I only had the one burner, yet was surprisingly pleased with the quick work it made regarding getting the water to the boiling point!
I'm not a fan of chopped celery, but have fun experimenting with any additions you may enjoy.
- 4-5 Russet or Yukon potatoes, cooked and diced
- 5 eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- to taste pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
On to the directions!
- Peel and dice the potatoes and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Watch and test with knife after 10 min. so they aren't cooked to the point of falling apart. Remember that they will continue to cook for a short time after draining.
- Cover eggs with cold water and bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat and allow to sit for 15 min. Allow to cool, then peel and chop.
- While the potatoes and eggs are cooking, toss together the garlic salt, celery salt, mustard and pepper. Add the chopped potatoes and eggs, tossing gently. Finally add the mayonnaise and sweet relish, if desired.
- Toss all gently together and put in refrigerator to chill. The flavors blend nicely and taste better once chilled.
Now, I'm a believer in giving your dish a taste test to see if it needs any additional seasoning.
Remember though, that your potato salad will taste even better after being chilled in the refrigerator for at least an hour, so you will want to give it another taste then at that point.
Be sure to add additional seasonings or mayonnaise in very small increments, as it doesn't take much to overdo it.
I hope you, and your family enjoy this recipe!