Recipes -- Our healthier Marinate sliced Fish
Taking care of yourself starts with your health and your diet. This recipe combines your average needed greens and a natural source of Omega 3. We have balanced taste and nutrition. Hope you can take advantage of this one. It can be eaten as a cold plate or a hot meal.
Fish -- 4 to 6 slices of blue, king fish, flounder or tilapia; is your choice.
1 green pepper or red
flour in a bowl
Cracker crumbs -- bowl (1 1/2 cup)
one red onion
4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. paprika
Half a cup of vinegar. We will use them randomly (tbsp)
1/2 tbsp. oregano
olive oil, for healthier dish
- Marinate the slices with some pepper, garlic and coat them with the flour
- If you want them crispier, add another 'dipping helper' bowl with some cracker crumbs and repeat the coating.
- In a medium size skillet or sauce pan add 2 table spoon of olive oil... let it get heated for a minute
- Add 2 tbsp. of Garlic and half a spoon of pepper.
- Fry the Fish and then put them aside on a bigger platter or that aluminum container. We need room for the greens
Cut peppers and onions and lightly brown in oil (MEDIUM HIGH). Wait until you see them get that soft texture....( stir 3 to 5 min)
Add rest of ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Three spoons of vinegar for flavouring
Simmer for a few minutes.
ADDING TO OUR PLATTER FOR MARINATING
spread your onions and peppers over the platter with the fish. Let marinate for 8 hours or overnight. You can add the lettuce individually for decorating purposes (See the picture above)
As we said, this dish can be eaten hot or cold.
You can add white rice and serve at will. Bon appetite!
Note from us:
Some people add boil eggs in slices to capture the combined flavoring from the olives and that 'vinegar.' Between you and me, that flavoring has been genetically instilled from generations... from those family members that sailed from the old World. Now, does that makes sense?