Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
Oysters Rockefeller is a famous oyster dish served at restaurants throughout the United States but especially in New Orleans where it was first served at Antoine's in 1840. Yes delicious Oysters Rockefeller has been around that long. And though many restaurants in New Orleans serve Oysters Rockefeller most people agree that it is best at Antoine's. Below is my recipe which I hope you will try to enjoy. If you have oysters but no oyster shells you can always use mini baking dishes to make your Oysters Rockefeller in.
For Your Recipe You Will Need.
1. 1/2 Cup Watercress Sprigs. , remove any stems.
2. 1 1/2 Cups Baby Spinach.
3. 4 Tablespoons Green Onion tops diced fine.
4. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley diced fine.
5. 1 Tablespoon Fine Diced Celery.
6. 4 Tablespoons Fresh Dry Bread Crumbs.
7. 4 Tablespoons Real Butter.
8. Pinch of Cayenne.
9. 4 Bacon Slices Cooked and Finely Crumbled.
10. 24 Small Oysters on the half shell.
Combine 1-9 in a skillet and cook over low heat until your greens are wilted and celery starts to cook. Place your 24 small oysters on a half shell in a bed of kosher salt in a baking dish. Spoon a small portion of the greens mixture over each oyster and then bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. Serve at once.
Every one that I have ever made my Oysters Rockefeller for say that it is one of the most delicious things they have ever eaten. Try it and let me know what you think in the comments section below.