PF Changs Honey fried shrimp recipe
iPF Changs chna bistro is a delicious restaurant to eat at and is nationwide. I have eaten their so many times, and absolutely love the food..I came across this recipe for the PF Changs honey shrimp recipe, and have been making it at home ever since. From my home to yours- enjoy. It is so delicious.
2 lb big size shrimp
Vegetable oil for frying
1 T minced garlic
3 green onions finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Red bell pepper
4 ounces flour.
2 1/2 ounces cornstarch
6 ounces water
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of white wine (I use Riesling)
1 cup honey
6 ounces rice vinegar
6 Tablespoons soy sauce
12 Tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1) De-vein the shrimp, and take off the tails. Slice the shrimp down the center and butterfly the shrimp to open it up. Place shrimp in fridge to keep cold.
2) Start making your batter. Mix all the batter ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set in fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
3) Heat up your fryer full of oil till it reaches 340-350.
4) Start to batter your shrimp. Remove the batter from the fridge, and stick each shrimp in the batter- making sure you coat well, and get batter in the center of the shrimp. When the oil is heated- one by one place the shrimp in the fryer or hot oil.
5) Fry the shrimp one by one till it becomes golden brown. Place on paper towels to gather the oil leftover. Once all the shrimp is cooked- set aside and turn off the fryer.
6) Make your honey sauce. In a small saucepan- add your rice wine,honey,rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to bowl.
7) In a separate small bowl add your cornstarch, and water till it becomes a slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to your honey sauce, and stir until it thickens.
8) Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a wok and add the 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic, red bell pepper and scallions and stir fry briefly until done.
9) Add 1/2 of the honey sauce, and add your fried shrimp to the wok. Add the remaining honey sauce to lightly coat your shrimp.
Serve over rice- enjoy your own PF changs honey shrimp recipe.