In Pakistan, iftaar seems uncomplete without pakoras. Pakoras are an important snack of our iftaar. This dish is equally popular across Pakistan. They are also served as appitizer and as a tea time snack. There are many varities of pakoras for example onion pakora, tomato pakora, potato pakora, spinich pakora, eggplant pakora, cheese pakora, potato and onion mix pakora etc. Hot pakoras are served with different chutnies. http://blush.com.pk/category/food
There are many recipies to prepare pakoras but here we are sharing the recipe of onion and potato mix pakoras along with the recipe of delicious tomato ketchup chutny.
Onion Potato Mix Pakoras
Ingredients of pakora:
- Onion 2 medium size
- Potato 1 medium size
- Green chilly 1 medium size
- Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon chopped
- Mint leaves 1 tablespoon chopped
- Gram flour/besan 2 cups
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Termeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Peel onionS and slice them into fine pieces.
- Peel potato and grate them.
- Chop green chilly, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Add sliced onion and grated potato in a mixing bowl.
- Then add besan/gram flour, chopped green chilly, chopped mint and coriander leaves, ginger and garlic paste, red chilly powder, cumin seed powder, termeric powder, baking powder and salt in the bowl.
- Combine them well without mixing water, because onion will release water whwn you would add salt in it.
- Keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium flame.
- After 5 to 10 minutes you would see that the onion has released moisture, (you can add little water if you think it is needed).
- Gently mix the better and drop the mixture in the batches into the medium preheated oil.
- Flame should be low or medium and remember that you have to deep fry the mixture until they become crispy and golden.
- Remove them from oil and place on kitchen tissue, so any extra oil is absorbed by it.
- Repeat the same prosedure for rest of the sbetter and serve pakoras with the chutny.
Ingredients of tomato ketchup chutny:
- Tomato ketchup 1/2 cup
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Suger 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Mix tomato ketchup, cumin seed powder, chaat masala, vinegar, suger and water togather in a bowl and garnish the yummy chutny with chopped coriander leaves.
Try these recipies and enjoy the crispy and very tasty pakoras with the yummy chutny. These recipies are easy and you could prepare then within miuntes.