Paleo Fresh Herb Meatballs
Simple and Delicious
The paleo diet is one of the more popular diets in existence. Essentially, the paleo diet is about eating in a manner that our ancestors would have done before bread, rice, and processed foods became to be. It is all about eating simply, gathering up the freshest ingredients possible and not eating anything out of a box.
The recipe below is for meatballs made for the paleo diet - i.e. there are no bread crumbs involved. Meatballs can be eaten plain or with a simple marinara sauce, as well. Of course, they are normally combined with pasta noodles, but I would suggest spaghetti squash or steamed vegetables cut in a julienne manner.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and please share it around.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup spinach, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand, or use a food processor to make the mixing process easier.
- Grease a baking sheet lightly with butter. Make small balls in your hands from the mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until well-cooked through.
- Everyday Paleo | Paleo Recipes and Lifestyle by Sarah Fragoso
I have been following the paleo diet for nearly two years now, have lost nearly 50 pounds, and am in the best shape of my life. Through the past few years, I have relied heavily on reading various blogs, listening to podcasts, and reading some books
- Am I A Cave Woman? Thoughts on the Paleo Diet
First thing I need to do is explain the use of the word “diet” here; here it is a noun and not a verb. The Paleo Diet is not a way of eating to help you lose weight; rather it is describing the kind of food that you habitually eat. The Paleo...
- No Bake Energy Bar Recipe: Gluten Free and Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet, also known as Paleothitic diet or caveman diet, is becoming increasingly popular among some people. You see, many thousands of years ago, before Red Bull drinks and Pop Tarts were invented, our ancestors survived as hunters and...
- Paleo Diet Basics
Back in July of this year, I started a journey. One of discovery both about myself and what I knew about food and how it affects my body and weight.