Low Carb, Gluten-free Scotch Eggs
Low carbohydrate, keto, and paleo diet can often mean complicated breakfasts with intricate meal preparation. Let's think outside the box for simple, nutritious meals. This is a a portable breakfast that fuels you appropriately, and fills you up.
- 1 lb Local, pastured ground sausage or pork, raw
- 5 hard (or soft) boiled eggs, Shell removed, peeled
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Divide sausage into 5 even balls. If raw meat makes you squeamish, use gloves. Flatten the sausage balls into five little pancakes.
- Wrap each hard boiled egg with the sausage pancakes
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until pork is fully cooked.
- Party in your mouth!!!
Keto Scotch Eggs
|Serving size: 1 Scotch Egg|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 29 g||58%|
|Cholesterol 230 mg||77%|
|Sodium 488 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Part of a Perfectly Paleo Breakfast
I am a huge Walt Disney World fan. My inspiration for these little guys is from the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot. I love to grab a hard cider and Scotch egg as we walk the World Showcase!
Take your own stroll down happy lane as you eat these little guys.
Scotch Eggs are fantastic:
- After a workout
- Before a big business meeting
- On a Whole30
- As part of a Low Carb, LCHF, Atkins, or ketogenic dieting plan
- For a portable breakfast
- The paleo diet, whole30
- If you're tired of traditional eggs for breakfast!
Scotch Eggs Ratings
Paleo as a Way of Life
These have been a staple in my diet for a long time. They're healthier than donuts and just as portable.
Paleo living is easier than ever to do, and this gives you all the details on how to start a Paleo diet, with the tips, tricks and meals to help you to do it.
This article on a stricter 30 day version of the Paleo plan called the Whole 30 will provide plenty of health and weight loss benefits.