Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Make It Your Own
This is the basic recipe for these tasty little treats but I totally think as you make it you should make it your own and change the recipe to how you like it best. I chose to make mine with more sugar cause I liked the taste of it very sweet. So use this recipe as a rough guideline and then change it to your needs.
Tip: After mixing the wet ingredients, take a taste of it. You want it to taste very sweet when it is wet because after being baked it will not be as sweet.
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, (use the taste test to put your own amount)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- a few tablespoons coconut flour, You don't need to add this but I like having both almond and coconut flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- few twists pink himalayan salt
- paleo dark chocolate bar as much as you want (I did a whole bar), break into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together wet ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Pour dry into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in the pieces of dark chocolate and fold the batter.
- Put into muffin tins. Top muffins with chocolate, nuts, or any other treat of your choice.
- Bake and watch muffins. I did mine for around 15 minutes, but every oven is different. Tip: You can use a toothpick to poke inside the muffin and if it comes out without any batter on it then they are done.
I hope you love them! Let me know if you tried them!