How to Make A Paneer Vegetable Flatbread or Paneer Vegetable Paratha
Paneer Mixed Vegetable Paratha
Soft and Juicy Paneer Veggie Paratha
I had some leftover vegetables in the kitchen that prompted me to make paneer vegetable paratha for the breakfast. These flat breads are easy to make. Moreover, they don't need any rich gravy to dunk in. A cup of yogurt-based raita or plain yogurt(curd) goes very well with them.
Paneer veg parathas are crispy outside and juicy inside when eaten hot. You can carry them in lunch box for later use. They are spicy and aromatic because of the spice powders used in the recipe.
Now, I will show you how to make these yummy parathas at home.
- 2 heaped cups wheat flour
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, boiled, mashed
- 4 tbsp paneer, grated
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 2 tsp oil, for the dough
- ghee or oil for making the parathas
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Paneer Vegetable Paratha
- Finely chop three potatoes, a few french beans, a carrot, a portion of cauliflower, and a piece of capsicum. Add a few green peas. Cook them till soft. Mash them when hot. Put the mix in a wide mixing bowl.
- Add wheat flour, salt, red chili powder, grated paneer, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, and oil.
- Knead adding just enough water to make a firm, soft, and pliable dough.
- Divide it into large lemon-sized balls. Make thick circles of 6-7 inch diameter with each of these dough balls, using a rolling pin.
- Place each of these rolled out dices, one at a time, on the hot pan or griddle, . Cook both sides, till they get golden brown, adding a few drops of ghee or oil.
- Serve 1-2 of these hot parathas with a cup of yogurt-based raita or plain yogurt(curd). Enjoy eating these spicy and appetizing flat breads.
Nutritional Information of Paneer and Vegetable Paratha
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 153 mg||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|