Perfect Party Meatballs
This recipe I owe to my Aunt Terrie. She shared it with me some years ago and I tweaked it a little, and now I have requests to make it anytime I host a party or shower. The recipe sounds a little out of the ordinary, but try it. It uses coke, ketchup, and onion soup mix instead of the typical jelly and chili sauce combination. I promise the results are out of this world. I have a fondness for party food and finger foods in general. These meatballs are savory and mouth-watering. Give 'em a try, I think you will enjoy them too.
Meatballs Made For My Daughter's Birthday
- 1 32 oz pack frozen italian meatballs
- 1 24 oz bottle ketchup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 1 liter coke
- 1 20 oz can pineapple, crushed kind
- Pour bag of meatballs into a crock pot.
- Cover the meatballs with the dry onion soup mix.
- Drain the pineapple and pour it on top of the onion mix and meatballs.
- Add 1 cup of ketchup and 1 cup of coke alternately until the crockpot is filled.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring ocassionally.