Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Smoothie
Since Sliced Bread?
Could It Be The Best Thing
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich smoothie might sound a bit odd, but it is simply delicious. Basically, you get the benefits of a fruit smoothie, the protein punch of peanut butter, and the tastiness of a PBJ.
The PBJ smoothie helps you get your 5-a-Day of fruits. There's no bread involved, so you don't have those extra carbs.
Peanut butter is an inexpensive and satisfying snack. It contains the "good" fats, protein, and fiber. While it is high in calories, as long as you aren't over-indulging in other high-calorie foods throughout the day, you shouldn't worry about eating it (a couple spoons of peanut butter is tons better than a candy bar or donut).
What are you waiting for? Get blending!
This recipe will make two smoothies. You can easily cut the recipe in half to make one serving. A typical blender won't be big enough to make more than two servings at one time (unless you are doing smaller cups).
- 8 ounces orange juice (grape or raspberry juice work well too)
- 8 ounces soy milk (you can use regular milk)
- 1 large banana
- 4 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 heaping cup frozen mixed berries (like raspberries, marionberries, and blueberries)
- 1 heaping cup frozen strawberries (depending on size of strawberries, you might have to add more--watch consistency of smoothie while blending, if it doesn't seem thick enough, add more strawberries)
Blending it Together:
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender (liquid and banana at bottom).
- Place the lid firmly on the blender. Blend on high until there are no visible chunks. You should see the top of the smoothie moving, like a whirlpool in the middle.
- Pour into glasses and serve (straw is optional). Enjoy.
Shop for a blender:
You might find these links interesting:
- Balance Your Day with 5-A-Day
Simple methods to help you get your five vegetables and fruits in each day. Learning how to measure servings sizes will help you reach your daily goal, every day.
- Banana Hangover Shake Recipe
This simple banana shake will help your body recover from a hangover. Bananas are known to calm an upset stomach, but they also help rehydrate your body.
- Summer Wine Smoothie Recipes
Refresh yourself with a tasty fruit smoothie. Recipes include Rad Berry Red Wine Smoothie and Tropical White Wine Smoothie.