Peanutbutter Chocolate Candy
Chocolate and Peanutbutter is a rich combination that has kept desserts flying from grocery store shelves for years. Popular candies like peanut butter cups are nearly everyone's favorite and with this easy peanutbutter chocolate recipe you can make a candy just as delectable as any store bought treat. Won't your friends be impressed?
- 1 stick butter or margerine
- 1 Cup peanutbutter
- 1 1/2 Cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 2 Cups chocolate chips or baking chocolate, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
Need a double boiler?
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and peanut butter.
- Blend in sugar and 1/4 Cup oil.
- Roll into bite sized balls and refrigerate for several hours until slightly firmer.
- Prepare chocolate for dipping. Improvise a double boiler by placing a slightly smaller pot on top of another. (some chocolate can be prepared in the microwave, read your packaging) Add water to the bottom pot and heat until boiling.
- Mix 1/4 oil with chocolate in top pot until thoroughly melted. Keep heat low enough that it will not scorch but stays melted.
- Roll refrigerated peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate so they are thoroughly covered. Place on sheet to cool and keep refrigerated.