- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Pear and Roquefort Open Sandwiches
Three quick step light bite
For a quick bite or light lunch try this Pear and Roquefort open sandwhich. Why not try with a light leafy salad. Delicious!
- 4 slices walnut bread, about 1cm/half inch thick
- 4 thin slices cured ham, Parma or Bayonne
- 2 ripe pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced lengthways
- 100g/ 3.5oz Roquefort cheese, very thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill to high.Put the bread slices under the grill until crisp, but not brown, on both sides. Do not turn off grill.
- Fold or cut the ham slices to cover each slice of bread, then equally divide the pear slices between them. Lay the cheese slices on top.
- Return the open sandwiches to the grill until the cheese melts and bubbles. Serve immediately