Peda is a indian sweet which is usually made of milk. Some people call it milk fudge. Here in my recipe I have used condensed milk and milk powder. The texture is usually semi soft. The Indian Voice Australia printed my Peda recipe on they newspaper. I was very blessed seeing my recipe in the newspaper. One of the best days for me. So today I have decided to share this recipe with the world.
- 2 Cups Milk powder
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Milk, liquid
- Few Strands Saffron
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee
- 1/3 Cup Caster Sugar, Optional
- In a pot put milk powder and Condensed milk and mix well.
- Tranfer the pot to the stove. Heat the milk mixture until the bubbles starts showing and the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the milk and saffron or food colour, ghee and combine together. Set aside to let the mixture cool.
- Knead the dough for 2 mins. Take small proportion an make a ball with your thump press slightly to make them look like peda.
- For designs use small cookie cutter to make designs. Enjoy.
If it becomes too soft add a little bit of powdered milk.