Pepsi Pot Roast
Choose the right roast.
Have you tried Pepsi Pot Roast?
- 1 3-5 pound boneless beef roast, trimmed
- 1 12-ounce can Pepsi or Diet Pepsi
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pouch onion or beefy onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 or 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 or 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 or 2 celery stalks, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a three-quart casserole dish with foil. Use pieces that are long enough to cover the food.
- Center the roast in the foil-lined dish. Pour the whole can of Pepsi over the roast.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup evenly over the top. Sprinkle dry soup mix and minced garlic over this.
- Surround the meat with the vegetables. Add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Tightly wrap the roast with foil. Bake in preheated oven for three hours.
Suggestions & Substitutions
Try serving this with hot noodles tossed with margarine and parsley.
Baby-cut carrots are a great substitute for the carrots. If you're feeling adventurous, try parsnips or multi-color carrots.
Cream of chicken or cream of onion soup makes a delicious substitute for the cream of mushroom soup.
For mushroom lovers, try adding a jar of mushroom pieces and stems, drained.
If sugar is a concern, use Diet Pepsi instead of regular.
If you don't have fresh garlic, use 1/8 tablespoon of garlic powder instead of the clove.
How do you normally prepare pot roast?
- Beef - It's What's For Dinner | Nutritious, Delicious, Simple
- California Beef Council - Home
Useful information about nutrition and different cuts of beef.
- Texas Beef Council
Find out what made Texas Barbeque famous at Texas Beef Council, your one stop information center for beef recipes, cooking techniques and real life stories.