- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Perfect and Crispy Roast Potatoes
Make these perfect and crispy roast potatoes and fluffy on the inside - delicious!
- 12 (serves 4) Potatoes, Peeled
- Sunflower Oil
- Seasoning, For Taste
- Shallow Baking tray
- 500mls Water, for Boiling in a Pan
- Place Peeled potatoes in a pan of water, approx 500mls or enough to just cover them.
- Add seasoning if required
- Bring potatoes to the boil and only par boil them - they need to be slightly soft on the outside and hard in the middle
- Once potatoes have been boiled, drain off and put back into the saucepan and put the lid on.
- Next, holding onto the lid give the pan a few shakes up and down, this actually gives a fluffy texture to your potatoes before you roast them off.
- Pour some oil into a shallow roasting pan or baking tray (one with a lip on the edges) You will need to fill about 0.5cm depth. Then place the tray of oil in a very hot oven to heat up. (approx 230 degrees)
- When you think the oil is hot enough - then take the tray out of the oven and place onto the hob, on top of the burner - this will keep the oil very hot which is the key to getting your crispy potatoes.
- If the oil is not hot you will end up with soggy roast potatoes!
- Place your potatoes one by one on the baking tray of oil, they will sizzle on the hob so make sure you turn the potatoes around in the oil so that they are all coated
- You may find that the fluffy edges start to go brown.
- Place the tray of potatoes back into the hot oven on the middle shelf , and cook for approximately 45 mins turning them half way through
- Once they look brown enough to your liking - remove from the oven and place on a plate with kitchen towel to drain the remaining oil