Pesto Gnocchi with Fresh Green Beans
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi (Pronounced No-Chi or Nyo Kee) is an italian dumpling, usually made from potatoes or flour. They are thick and pillow-y. They are basically pasta in lump form and are quite delicious in various recipes and sauces.
- 1 Pound Packaged Gnocchi, Found fresh, frozen, or in the pasta isle
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Green Beans, Cut into 1/2" Pieces with the ends removed
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, I use regular when cooking, no low fat
- 8 Oz Prepared pesto sauce, I usually use Knorr packets
- 1/4 Ccup Ricotta Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pesto Gnocchi directions
- Boil Gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain and add back into the pot. Boil green beans seperately, with a dash of salt. Boil until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain the beans. Add the pesto and whipping cream to the gnocchi and warm over medium heat, stirring until warmed through.
- You may then mix in the green beans or add them to the top of the gnocchi. Top with a heap of riccota cheese and add a dash of pepper to the top. Serve immediately.
This Gnocchi dish is very easy and quick to make. It is a great side dish.
© 2013 Dannell