Pesto Penne Chicken Salad
Pesto Penne Chicken Pasta Salad
Zesty Pasta Salad with Chicken
Pesto originated in Genoa in the Northern Italy (pesto genevese). It traditionally includes the following ingredients:crushed garlic, basil, European pine nuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and cheese made from sheep's milk. This delicious and zesty combination of flavors makes a bland pasta dish become incredible. This recipe incorporates penne pasta, shredded chicken, grape tomatoes, black olives, mozzerella cheese, pine nuts, and Italian dressing to make a delicious chicken and pasta salad with a classic Mediterranean flair. It is great as a meal or as a side item or party food.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked to package directions, drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 4 oz cans black olives, sliced or chopped, drained
- 1 8 oz bag mozzerella or Italian cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 8 oz jar/container prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place penne pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl.
- Combine pesto sauce and Italian dressing in a medium bowl. Add the cheese shreds and pine nuts and mix well.
- Pour the pesto sauce mixture over the pasta mixture. Stir together until everything is completely coated.
- Chill until ready to eat. I suggest chilling for at least an hour to give the flavors time to mix well.