Pete's Pumpkin Cookies
Christmas Pumpkin Cookies
A family tradition
- 1.5 C Crisco
- 3 C Sugar
- 29 Oz Can Libby's Pumpkin, (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Optional: Raisins, (To Taste)
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- Mix all together in a Kitchen Aid blender (this is a very thick batter, so a hand mixer is not strong enough to mix).
- We usually add raisins, a lot of chocolate chips, and dried cranberries into our batter. You can omit these items or add other things to the mix if you would like. These cookies are great without anything added to them (as my sister in law won't eat the chocolate or dried fruits).
- I use an ice cream scoop to drop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, my cookies are big. You can use a spoon to drop them to make smaller cookies, but beware, this recipe makes a LOT of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-28 minutes until brown in color. These cookies are good warm, but even more delish after storing overnight (covered) in the fridge!