Pickled Cukes and Strawberries
wilt or leech cucumbers and drain:
- 6 cucumbers, sliced crossways
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- blueberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup onion tops/chives, minced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- brine sugar, vinegar, salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Peel and slice cucumbers. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit at room temperature The moisture will leech out of them. Drain.
Make a sweet brine. Equal parts of sugar and vinegar. Add a tablespoon of salt to brine. Pour over leeched cucumbers.
Add mustard seed, cut strawberries. Blueberries. Minced chives. Thin sliced jalapeno.