- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Pie Ala Peaches And Cream
A Bee On A Peach Blossom
Peaches And Cream Pie
Peaches N Cream
Traditionally Peaches And Cream consists of sliced peaches and whipped cream. It is a simple summertime dessert, very popular in the United States and some other countries. A cool and refreshing dessert at a time when juicy, ripe peaches are being picked fresh from the trees. It is usually called peaches n cream. It is also called peaches n cream in my family, when we serve up fresh slices of peaches over a bowl of rich and creamy vanilla ice cream. We also enjoy a bowl of peaches n cream cereal ..when peaches are in abundance...And that just as it sounds, slices of fresh peaches in a bowl of cereal and ice cold milk.
Just Dessert By Paula Deen And Sons
Harvest Of Peaches
Peaches are also referred to as stone fruit, this is because the seed of the peach is covered with a shell of hard wood . This is called a stone or pit.
The peach is covered with a fuzzy substance called peach fuzz..Have you ever got peach fuzz on your neck? Not fun! If it doesn't have fuzz, then it is a nectarine.
The inside of the peach is a golden yellow, juicy and full of sticky sweet goodness. The outer layer or the skin is a fuzzy orange and yellow. There are however white peaches that have a whitish color to the inside of the peach.
So gather your peaches and all your ingredients together.
And lets make a pie !
We all love this pie...make sure to allow plenty of refrigerator time so that it sets up nice and you will be able to serve up a pretty and firm slice of pie.
Peaches & Cream
Ingredients For Pie Ala Peaches And Cream
- For The Meringue Shell You Will Need
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp. Cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- For The Filling You Will Need
- 2 Tbls. Water
- 1 tsp. Knox unflavored gelatin
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Lemon The juice of one lemon
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh peaches, cooked and pureed
- 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream, Whipped
- 10~ Inch Meringue Pie Shell, previously made
Instructions For Pie Ala Peaches And Cream
- TO MAKE THE MERINGUE SHELL Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and salt. Beat until soft peaks form, gradually adding sugar and beat until stiff glossy peaks form. Spread over the bottom and sides of a well greased 10 inch pie pan.Bake in a 275 degree oven for 1~1/2 hours. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- TO MAKE FILLING Pour measured water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the surface allow to stand until softened.
- Combine egg yolks, lemon zest and juice. Beat well. Add the sugar and beat well. Pour into the top of a double boiler, and cook over boiling water until very thick. Stirring constantly. Add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add pureed peaches and allow to cool.
- Fold whipped cream into thoroughly cooled peach mixture. Fill meringue shell. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill overnight or at least 12 hours.
Fresh Peaches - Slicing, Storing, & Freezing
Freezing And Storing Fresh Peaches
Freezing Peaches...find out how by watching the video
If you have a large amount of peaches that you need to store before they go to waste, then you will want to watch this video to learn how to freeze them for future use. They can be used in smoothies, cobblers or another pie.
Healthy, quick & economical meal planning, food preparation, shortcuts in cooking & preparation, and meal cooking video series. Episode 5 is the preparation of fresh peaches, slicing and getting them ready to freeze for eating throughout the season and beyond. Please visit the LaDiDaLadies for more food preparation shortcuts, recipes, information on the video series, as well as other interesting topics.
Gardening Tips : How to Plant Peach Seeds
Grow Your Own Peach Tree
Did you know that you can grow your own peach tree from the seed of a peach?
To plant peach seeds, dry out the seed on some newspaper over the winter, and plant it in full, hot sun after the last frost. Avoid letting peach seeds dry out completely after planting with advice from a sustainable gardener in this free video on gardening.
Be sure to watch the video to plant and grow your own peach tree.
Pie Ala Peaches and Cream
Peaches And Cream consists of sliced peaches and whipped cream. It is a simple summertime dessert, very popular in the United States and some other countries.