Pina Colada Sauce (for Coconut Shrimp)
Pina Colada Sauce
Tropical Paradise on a Plate
This scrumptious shrimp sauce is absolutely irresistible. It is sweet and tangy with the flavors of pineapple and coconut blended together. It is like a non-alcoholic pina colada in a dipping bowl. Pair this sauce with coconut shrimp (see my recipe) and you transport yourself to a tropical paradise the moment it hits your mouth. This sauce along with the shrimp is an absolute culinary delight.
- 1 cup pina colada mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp pineapple, crushed
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flakes, sweetened
- 3 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp cold water
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together 1/4 cup water, pina colada mix, pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar. Heat on medium low until sauce begins to simmer. Stir it frequently.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes while continuing to stir frequently.
- Mix the cornstarch and 3 tsp water together in a small bowl. Add to the simmering sauce. Continue simmering for about 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly after adding cornstarch.
- Let sauce cool to room temperature. May serve at room temperature or chilled whichever you prefer. Serve this scrumptious sauce up with coconut shrimp. It is a tropical paradise on a plate.