I love the way pineapple and cheese taste when paired together. Whether it is in a salad or in a casserole, this unlikely pair is so amazing together. This makes a great side item. It is good for pot luck dinners or family reunions and it pairs great with Hawaiian Ham (recipe on my site).
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1 stick margarine or butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, mix pineapple, sugar, and flour.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- In large ziploc bag, crush the crackers and pour them over the casserole. Pour melted butter on top of that.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.