- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Fresh and Tasty Veggies Lead to Great Meals
1 package eggroll wrappers
1 lg can sliced olives
1 pkg vegan pepperoni, coarsely chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 package sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 lg bag of mixed greens salad
Fat Free Italian dressing
- Reserve a tablespoon each of the olives, green bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and a half cup of cheese. Place into a container and store in the fridge for the time being.
- Chop and saute the onion and green pepper in a pan until tender, add the fresh and dried seasonings, olives, and mushrooms. Set on medium-low and stir periodically.
- Meanwhile, prepare your eggroll wrappers according to package directions and place about a tablespoon each of cheese and pepperoni in the middle of each wrapper.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the sauteed vegetables into each wrapper and seal immediately.
- Rinse and dry your pan really quick and spray with vegetable oil and set to high heat. Place one eggroll at a time (seal first) onto the pan. Spray tops of eggrolls with cooking spray and turn over after about 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Combine reserved ingredients with the mixed greens and top with dressing and cheese, serve as side salad.
- Serving Size - 2 eggrolls and one side salad.
- For those who can have it, a marinara dipping sauce adds a bit more tastiness to this dish.