Slow Cooker Recipes - Sausage and Mixed Bean Casserole Recipe
Why this recipe?
We are fans of sausages in our house, especially good quality interesting sausages, so are always looking for new recipes to make them into something more interesting. Plus I am in love with my slow cooker, as you will see on my other Hubs. So a slow cooker recipe with sausages is great. So this recipe for a sausage casserole in the slow cooker is perfect.
This one is using lots of beans and great sausage meat - if you can't get sausage meat then just buy sausages and take the skins off. You can use any sausages so mixing up the flavour of them will change the taste of the dish, plus don't worry about the exact beans just use whichever ones you have. It is a super easy and super cheap recipe and I great meal for the whole family. A great way to get different beans into your kids as they taste so yummy after cooking for so long in the stock.
Rate this recipe
- 500g Sausage Meat
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 115g bacon, fat removed and cut into strips
- 1 can Haricot Beans, drained
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained
- a few sprigs fresh rosemary, choppped
- 150ml beef/veg stock
Do you own a slow cooker?
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions over a low heat, until softened.
- Add the garlic, bacon and sausage meat - breaking the meat into chunks as it cooks.
- Remove everything from the pan using a slotted spoon to drain off the oil. and place it all in the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker onto low, and add the stock, beans and rosemary giving it all a good mix.
- Put on the lid and let it cook for 6-8 hours
- Serve with rice or mashed potato and your choice of veggies
- Can be made in oven if you don't have a slow cooker, just over on 180 for 45-1 hour
Other Slow Cooker Recipes
- Best Sausage Casserole Recipe for the Slow Cooker
The best, most filling sausage casserole/cassoulet recipe for the slow cooker. Yummy and fairly healthy, guaranteed to be a big hit with all the family.
- Lamb with Figs Recipe for the Slow Cooker
A great ethnic recipe for Lamb and Fig Tagine made in the Slow Cooker. This rich dish is great served with couscous, and will be a brilliant way to get new ingredients into your kids. The lamb is very tender thanks to the slow cooking and the dish is
- How to make Lamb Tagine in the Slow Cooker
A simple yummy recipe for a lamb tagine in the slow cooker! Its easy, its yummy, its healthy and its cheap (ish!) This gives you a great aromatic sweet moroccan stew that can be served over couscous, rice or vegetables.