Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Candy Bars
Would you make it again?
This recipe for popcorn treats can easily be scaled up and down or modified to your tastes. I made these for the Fall, so they include nice Autumn flavors like pumpkin pie spice, candy corn and peanuts. However, there are a plethora of flavor combinations that would work just as well.
Super simple and relatively inexpensive this recipe is great for feeding a lot of people. Popcorn treats are basically rice crispy treats but with popcorn instead of cereal. Mix in different spices and ingredients to get a different flavored treat. Use your imagination to make interesting flavor combinations and thematic creations. Enough talk let's get to the recipe!
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 package or 10.5 ounces mini marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups prepared popcorn
- 10 ounces candy corn
- 1 cup broken pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 6 oz candy coating or melting chocolate
- Line a 9 in. square baking pan with parchment paper leaving about a 1 in. overhang on 2 sides for easy removal. Chop peanuts, pop popcorn and coarsely crush pretzels.
- Combine butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice until well incorporated. Then remove from heat.
- Place popcorn, candy corn, pretzels and peanut in a large bowl and mix together. Drizzle the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and toss until well coated.
- Press mixture into your prepared pan using a square of parchment paper. Heat up your chocolate or candy coating and drizzle over the popcorn mixture. Let cool for about 20 minutes or until set, then cut.