Keto Friendly, Pork Cutlets Italiano
I learned to make this main course when I was a child. I make it for my family as often as I can. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is a rich, cheesy, and tasty recipe.
- 4 Pork cutlets
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 - 8 oz can Mushrooms - stems and peices
- 1 - 12 oz can Stewed Tomatos, whole or diced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning, dried premixed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Thyme, Fresh or dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep and Cook
- Place the four pork cutlets into a large frying pan with a about 1/2 cup of water, on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle meat with 1/2 of the seasonings.
- Turn meat after about 5 minutes and sprinkle the rest of the seasonings on.
- Open the Mushrooms and pour the liquid out. Dump them into the pan with the meat and spead them around.
- Open the stewed Tomatos. For whole stewed tomatos, I sqeeze them between my fingers and break them up. If you dont want to get all into your food then dice them or buy diced and just dump them in, juice and all.
- Keep enough water in the pan so the meat does not brown or burn and keep the lid on while you are cooking, doing this will make the meat nice and tender.
- Let Simmer on low for about 25 minutes, check your liquid and turn the meat as needed during this time.
- When the meat feels tender enough for your tastes, pile the mushrooms and tomatos onto each cutlet.
- Pour the 2 cups of cheese over the meat and place the lid back on for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, plate the meat with sides of your choice and enjoy.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Tysthe1