- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Pork and Potatoes - Menudo Recipe
Philippine Pork Menudo Recipe
Pork Menudo is definitely one of the most famous and sought-after Filipino dishes served all over the country. Feasts, birthdays, and special events are not complete without it.
Nobody knows about what its origin is. But one speculation has evolved that it was derived from a Spanish soup characterized by having red colored sauce which they call Spanish menudo. So, many believed that it’s really derived from the Spaniards.
The only difference in the Filipino style is that it uses pork and many other ingredients in the stew. If you’re looking for a recipe of pork menudo, check this out:
You will need:
¼ kilogram pork liver (cut into cubes)
¼ kilogram hotdog (sliced diagonally)
1 kilogram pork (cut into cubes)
¼ cup green bell pepper (cut into cubes)
¼ cup red bell pepper (cut into cubes)
½ cup raisins
½ cup soy sauce
2 cups chickpeas (cooked)
1 piece onion (thinly sliced)
2 pieces carrots (cut into cubes)
3 pieces potatoes (cut into cubes)
4 pieces garlic (minced)
4 pieces tomatoes (sliced)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 can tomato sauce
Here’s how to cook:
1. Put the pork into a big bowl with soy sauce and black pepper. Let it stay there for about an hour.
2. In a casserole, pour some enough water and add the pork liver. After it boils, remove and set aside.
3. Pour some cooking oil into a frying pan. Be sure to set the fire into medium heat.
4. Sauté the garlic, onions, tomatoes for about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Put the pork and tomato sauce into the pan. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. After a few minutes, add the potatoes, liver, carrots, raisins and hotdogs. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the chickpeas and bell peppers. Season sugar to taste.
8. Turn off the heat and serve.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...