- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Pot Roast Pork Shanks With Leeks and Shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds,, lightly crushed
- 4 pork shanks
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 400g shallots, peeled
- 300ml cider
- 4 leeks, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into chunks
- Large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole. Add the pork shanks and brown all over. Remove from the pan or casserole and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan or casserole, add the shallots, leeks and parsnips and cook gently for 10 mins until softened. Stir through the fennel and coriander seeds and the flour and cook fort min over a medium heat. Stir in the cider and stock then bring to the boil.
- Return the pork shanks to the pan or casserole, cover with a lid and roast in the oven for 1 hour 15 mins until the meat is tender and coming away from the bone.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve straight from the pot.
485 cals, 30.3g fat, 9g saturates, 11.6g sugars, 0.37g salt