Potato Side Dish Recipes
Potato, Pea and Mint Parcels
1/4 cup chicken stock or water
1/4 cup thickened cream
16 chat potatoes
1 cup frozen peas
4 green onions, sliced
4 sprigs mint, leaves removed
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Cut four 30cm x 40cm pices of non-stick baking paper. Combine stock and cream in a jug.
2. Combine potatoes, peas, onion and mint in a bowl. Spoon a quarter of the potato mixture into the center of each piece of baking paper. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 tablespoons cream mixture.
3. Fold paper edges and turn upwards to seal (so liquid doesn't run out) to form a parcel. Place parcels on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve with barbecued lamb.
Crispy Pan-Fried Potatoes
Serves 41kg (2 lb) Desiree potatoes, peeled1 teaspoon sea salt1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper1/4 cup olive oil1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped1. Cut potatoes into 1.5cm cubes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.2. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add potato. Cook, turning often, for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove pan from heat. Add tomato and parsley. Toss gently and serve.Note: Coliban or Kestrel potatoes also work well in this recipe.
Warm Potato Salad with Sweet Chilli Sour Cream
1kg (2 lb) chat potatoes, halved, rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup coriander sprigs
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Place potatoes in a single layer, in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, turning every 20 minutes, or until tender and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Transfer potato to a large bowl. Combine sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and green onion in a jug. Pour over potato. Toss to coat.
3. Arrange potato on a platter. Sprinkle with coriander and sesame seeds. Serve with barbecued sausages, chicken or pork.
Mustard and Poppyseed Potatoes
Serves 41kg (2 lb) Spunta potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm chunks1/4 cup pure icing sugar2 tablespoons olive oil1 tablespoon Dijon mustard1 1/2 tablespoons poppyseeds1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.2. Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, partially covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain.3. Combine sugar, oil, mustard, poppyseeds and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add hot potato and toss to coat. Spoon potato, in a single layer, into a roasting pan. Drizzle over oil mixture from bowl. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Serve with roast lamb, beef or chicken.Note: You can also use Desiree or Russet Burbank potatoes for this recipe.