Prawn and Pineapple Tikka Recipe.
Prawn And Pineapple Tikka
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy and children would definitely love it. This can be used as side dish or an appetizer.
1. Tiger Prawns: 12 peeled and deveined. Tails left intact
2. Pineapple wedges : 12 Bite size fresh or well drained canned pineapple
3. Cumin seeds: 1 Tsp
4. Coriander / Cilantro seeds : 1 Tsp
5. Yellow mustard seeds: ½ Tsp
6. Fennel seeds : ½ Tsp
7. fenugreek seeds : ½ Tsp
8. Nigella / onion seeds : ½ Tsp
9. Red chilly powder: ½ Tsp
10. Lemon Juice : 2 Tsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
1. Take a heavy base pan and put it on high heat.
2. Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and nigella seeds.
3. Stir continuously while roasting.
4. Cook till a fine aroma of the spices can be smelled.
5. Remove the spices immediately from pan otherwise if left in pan they would burn with heat of hot pan.
6. Now put all these roasted spices in the grinder
7. Add pinch of red chilly powder and salt to taste.
8. Now grind these to a fine powder.
9. Now transfer these to a glass bowl and add lemon juice in this powder.
10. Add prawns in the bowl.
11. Stir them well in the powder so all sides of the prawns are coated with spice powder.
12. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
13. Preheat the grill on high.
14. Now on a metal skew thread three prawns and three pineapple wedges alternatively.
15. Make 4 such skews
16. Grill for 2 minutes on each side ( precaution : keep it about 4 inches away from heat)
17. If any leftover marinade is left then put that on prawns too.
18. When prawns are cooked they would look pinkish in colour.
19. Sprinkle with lots of chopped coriander.
20. Serve these prawns and pineapple wedges on the skews .