- Food and Cooking
Pretty Good Cole Slaw Dressing
Sweet and Creamy
Cole slaw is a nice addition to all sorts of meals. It goes great with fish, chicken, barbecue and all sorts of great Southern and Southwestern dishes. This is a really quick Cole Slaw dressing that reminds me of Kraft Cole Slaw dressing. It tastes sweet instead of like some heavy smoker poured half a pound of pepper in it so he could actually taste something with those dead taste buds. It has a delicate, sweet flavor I really like and takes less than two minutes to make if you have the ingredients. It's a combination of A Southern Recipe and one Martha Stewart published. Mostly I took out the mustard and pepper. Like I said, it's got a more delicate flavor that we really like at our house.
Stirred up in a bowl.
- 1 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Season salt or Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt To Taste
- Milk - Enough to give it a creamy consistency
Just whisk it up
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Whisk with a wire whiisk till well blended
- If you aren't using it immediately, store the dressing in the refrigerator. When you're ready to use it, simply mix it up in a bag of cole slaw mix or a bowl of shredded cabbage and carrots. I like to add purple cabbage for color. You can add whatever you like in the way of slaw ingredients. The dressing gives it a sweet and creamy taste we really like. Enjoy!